Loyola Catholic School Ministry
- Loyola Catholic School seeks to guide young people in the call to holiness and service to others by helping students develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through scripture in the life and teachings of the Catholic Church and in their prayer. Working with young people, Campus Ministry creates programs and activities that attempts to respond to the needs of students and to involve them in sharing their unique gifts and talents with the Catholic parishes of Holy Rosary, St. John the Baptist, St. Joseph the Worker, Ss. Peter and Paul and the greater Mankato community.
- Campus Ministry provides students with opportunities for retreats, days of recollection, Celebration of the Eucharist, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and other prayer experiences that enable them to grow in faith.
- Campus Ministry is administrated by the School Chaplain and works in collaboration with the Religion Teachers and Activities Director.
Campus Ministry Goals:
- To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today. Campus Ministry helps these young people learn what it means to follow Jesus Christ and to live as his disciples today, empowering them to serve others and to work toward a world built on the vision and values of the reign of God.
- To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community. Campus Ministry recognizes the importance of faith communities (home, parish, school) in helping young people grow in their faith as they experience life here at Loyola Catholic School and participate in the mission of Jesus Christ and his church.
- To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person. Campus Ministry promotes the growth of healthy, competent, caring, and faith-filled Catholic young people. It fosters positive adolescent development and growth in both Christian discipleship and Catholic identity by addressing the students’ unique developmental, social, and religions needs.
Numerous faith filled opportunities are provided to build and strengthen the student’s relationship with God and others. These are some of the events that accomplish these goals:
- School Masses
- Sports Team Masses
- Prayer Services
- Reconciliation Services
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Grade level Retreats
- TEC Retreats
- Leadership Training
- Liturgical Ministry
- Pastoral Care
- Christian Service