Loyola Catholic School... leading through faith, academic excellence, and service
Employees at Loyola Catholic School are encouraged in their own personal journeys as they continue to learn and grow in their knowledge and faith alongside their students and peers. Loyola offers a very supportive, Christian environment for employees to become the best they can be.
Loyola Catholic School in Mankato, Minnesota is a Catholic Preschool through 12-grade school serving students from the dioceses of Winona-Rochester and New Ulm. Over the last century, Loyola has been committed to serving students and families in the Mankato area in the traditions of leadership, academic excellence, service, and faith.
Childcare Assistant (PT) posted 7/27
Loyola is seeking an assistant for its before-school childcare program (7:05am-8:05am) as well as an assistant for its after-school childcare program (2:50pm-5:30pm) These positions could be combined or filled by separate applicants.
Under direct supervision, they plan, organize, facilitate, and monitor the activities of children enrolled in the Clubhouse Program. Monitor and interact with students to keep students engaged in intellectual, creative, artistic, and physical activities. Participate and assist with the activities of children enrolled in the after-school program, as needed.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a daily program that will meet the needs of the children in attendance; set up program, project, and activity areas as needed.
- Monitor individuals or small groups of students assigned to an after-school program; assure student understanding of program rules and procedures; maintain appropriate order and student conduct.
- Monitor children to ensure their health, safety, and physical well-being; perform routine First Aid and CPR; perform first aid in emergency situations according to established procedures; enforce and ensure the health and safety rules and procedures are observed.
- Interact with children in an effort to build self-esteem and form a comfort level with their peers; answer student questions, provide proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude, and general guidance.
- Demonstrate and assist students with art projects.
- Oversee students in physical activities, including but not limited to, basketball, kickball, softball, dodgeball, running, etc.
- Assist in maintaining program standards of student behavior needed to achieve effective participation in activities without interfering with the natural, informal atmosphere of the Clubhouse Program; assist in resolving student disputes; refer serious discipline problems to program supervisors.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment for students; demonstrate and involve students in cleaning and organizing the program activities areas before, during, and after use.
- Operate a variety of after school program supplies and equipment including athletic equipment, arts and crafts equipment, and office equipment as assigned.
- Act as a liaison between parents, staff, and school personnel; assist in conferring with parents regarding student performance and behavior as necessary.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and assist with in-service training as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- Strong positive communication skills
- Professional, approachable, friendly, humble, and respectful of others
- High level of integrity
- Efficient and well organized
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Patient and calm demeanor under pressure
- Commitment to diversity
- Ability to inspire and persuade people from a variety of backgrounds and ages
- Commitment to professional development and spiritual growth
- Discretion and professional judgment in handling sensitive and/or confidential information and situations
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Morning Bus Driver
Loyola is seeking a bus driver to pick up students at two bus stops in the morning: Le Sueur and St. Peter. Approximate hours are 7am-8:30am. Qualified candidates will have a CDL license. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Substitute Teachers: Loyola Catholic School is accepting resumes for a Substitute Teacher. Substitute Teachers 4-year college degree. Send cover letter, resume, references to: Loyola Catholic School, 145 Good Counsel Drive Mankato, MN 56001; firstname.lastname@example.org; (507) 388-0600