Loyola Catholic School... leading through faith, academic excellence, and service
Employees at Loyola Catholic School are encouraged in their own personal journeys as they continue to learn and grow in their knowledge and faith alongside their students and peers. Loyola offers a very supportive, Christian environment for employees to become the best they can be.
Loyola Catholic School in Mankato, Minnesota is a Catholic Preschool through 12-grade school serving students from the dioceses of Winona-Rochester and New Ulm. Over the last century, Loyola has been committed to serving students and families in the Mankato area in the traditions of leadership, academic excellence, service, and faith.
Paraprofessional-educator, part-time posted 9/14/21
Loyola is seeking a part-time para-educator to assist in a variety of roles including but not limited to: recess coverage for elementary, media center support, and elementary classroom support, school days, from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm.
A successful candidate will have previous experience working with school-age children, be energetic, hard-working, compassionate, and dependable while possessing a genuine passion for children.
Facilities Assistant, full time, posted 9/13/21
The Facilities Assistant will work as part of a team to maintain indoor and outdoor school and rented facilities, athletic fields, grounds, playground, building repairs, special requests, etc. to help to promote a healthy and safe school environment.
- Adhere to company safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone.
- Utilizes proper materials to clean up hazardous materials.
- Use proper signage to indicate; under repair/maintenance, wet flooring or other potentially hazardous situations.
- Participate in emergency drills and environmental safety activities as requested.
- Attend and participate in school training and any required meetings.
- Help support custodial staff and perform cleaning routines established by Facilities Director;
- Routinely disinfect and clean garbage cans, upkeep of outdoor tasks (lawn maintenance, insecticides to prevent infestations of animals, pests, etc.
- Fulfill work order requests (cleaning, plumbing emergencies, etc.)
- Upkeep of grounds including; mowing, shoveling, empty trash containers and field work such as mowing, striping, moving equipment, game setup/teardown (including indoor games).
- Help with minor repairs or work with the Facilities Director to ensure proper care of school equipment and report repairs/damages in a timely manner to the Facilities Director.
- Change filters, painting, belt replacements, blade replacements, oil changes, etc. on indoor and outdoor equipment.
- Take and restock inventory, organize and report to the Facilities Director any needed restocking of cleaning supplies, paper products, disinfectants, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Other duties as needed.
Work hours as assigned by the Facilities Director may include some weekends and evenings but are typically normal business hours.
Childcare Assistant (PT) posted 7/27
Loyola is seeking an assistant for its before-school childcare program (7:05am-8:05am) as well as an assistant for its after-school childcare program (2:50pm-5:30pm) These positions could be combined or filled by separate applicants.
Under direct supervision, they plan, organize, facilitate, and monitor the activities of children enrolled in the Clubhouse Program. Monitor and interact with students to keep students engaged in intellectual, creative, artistic, and physical activities. Participate and assist with the activities of children enrolled in the after-school program, as needed.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a daily program that will meet the needs of the children in attendance; set up program, project, and activity areas as needed.
- Monitor individuals or small groups of students assigned to an after-school program; assure student understanding of program rules and procedures; maintain appropriate order and student conduct.
- Monitor children to ensure their health, safety, and physical well-being; perform routine First Aid and CPR; perform first aid in emergency situations according to established procedures; enforce and ensure the health and safety rules and procedures are observed.
- Interact with children in an effort to build self-esteem and form a comfort level with their peers; answer student questions, provide proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude, and general guidance.
- Demonstrate and assist students with art projects.
- Oversee students in physical activities, including but not limited to, basketball, kickball, softball, dodgeball, running, etc.
- Assist in maintaining program standards of student behavior needed to achieve effective participation in activities without interfering with the natural, informal atmosphere of the Clubhouse Program; assist in resolving student disputes; refer serious discipline problems to program supervisors.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment for students; demonstrate and involve students in cleaning and organizing the program activities areas before, during, and after use.
- Operate a variety of after school program supplies and equipment including athletic equipment, arts and crafts equipment, and office equipment as assigned.
- Act as a liaison between parents, staff, and school personnel; assist in conferring with parents regarding student performance and behavior as necessary.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and assist with in-service training as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- Strong positive communication skills
- Professional, approachable, friendly, humble, and respectful of others
- High level of integrity
- Efficient and well organized
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Patient and calm demeanor under pressure
- Commitment to diversity
- Ability to inspire and persuade people from a variety of backgrounds and ages
- Commitment to professional development and spiritual growth
- Discretion and professional judgment in handling sensitive and/or confidential information and situations
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
BUSINESS MANAGER posted 7/26/21
The Business Manager supports the mission of Loyola Catholic School by overseeing all financial functions for the school as required by the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and/or diocese. The Business Manager works closely with the Dean of Advancement to set development goals and ensure proper receipt, tracking, pledge fulfillment, and reconciliation of gifts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the business affairs of the school, associated foundation, and subsidiaries in a professional, ethical, efficient and organized manner, ensuring that the school’s policies and procedures are in accordance with established guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of Advancement to ensure that all donor gifts and grants are recorded, tracked, and utilized according to the donor’s intent
- Arrange for audits and follow through in making recommended changes
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations of the school including accounting, receivables, payables, expense accounts, checkbooks, savings, investments, payroll, and cashflow
- Plan and monitor the annual budget collaboratively with the Head of School, Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and other individuals/entities as directed; provide requested reports to the same
- Establish efficient methods to record, interpret, and proactively communicate key financial and operational data to the Head of School, Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and other individuals/entities as directed
- Advise and assist in creating and implementing financial and operational strategies that positively impact the school’s financial position and long-term viability
- Assist department leaders with the creation of departmental budgets and plans
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field; advanced certifications preferred
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) or other accounting bases for non-profit entities required
- Experience in Catholic or independent school finance or leadership, preferred
- Aptitude to develop working knowledge of accounting software and systems
- Quickbooks and Paycor experience, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, FACTS, etc.
- Ability to create, manage, and meet deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle pressure and conflict in a professional manner
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- A commitment to the creation and maintenance of a positive work environment characterized by mutual respect, support, and Christian charity
- A commitment to the missions of Loyola Catholic School and Catholic education
Morning Bus Driver
Loyola is seeking a bus driver to pick up students at two bus stops in the morning: Le Sueur and St. Peter. Approximate hours are 7am-8:30am. Qualified candidates will have a CDL license. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Substitute Teachers: Loyola Catholic School is accepting resumes for a Substitute Teacher. Substitute Teachers 4-year college degree. Send cover letter, resume, references to: Loyola Catholic School, 145 Good Counsel Drive Mankato, MN 56001; firstname.lastname@example.org; (507) 388-0600